Rain at gate A and B.

rain at gate A and B.
I cant do coding, as I have no idea how. If I can hav some help, then that is appreciated. This task is simple as it is noly a sound file and particles falling down.
bleh

Re: Rain at gate A and B.

Not exactly sure how the B3D engine could handle rain, and how it'd look. What really bugs me more is the fact that Gate A is a floating island in the sky, there should be some terrain like in Gate B.
It slep time bunner.

SCP-Sean wrote:rain at gate A and B.
I cant do coding, as I have no idea how. If I can hav some help, then that is appreciated. This task is simple as it is noly a sound file and particles falling down.
Obviously you are new to this. Yes, the sound file is as easy as "PlaySound("rain.ogg")" but doing rain with particles would be quite difficult.

I mean, you could do rain in the same way older games did it, which is drawing rain effects onto the player's screen in 2D but it looks 3D to the player.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

InnocentSam wrote:
SCP-Sean wrote:rain at gate A and B.
Obviously you are new to this. Yes, the sound file is as easy as "PlaySound("rain.ogg")" but doing rain with particles would be quite difficult.

I mean, you could do rain in the same way older games did it, which is drawing rain effects onto the player's screen in 2D but it looks 3D to the player.
That's the best way to do rain really. Minecraft and I think skyrim do it that way. Zelda: Twilight Princess also did it like that.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Why not have day and night too? If it takes 8 hours for someone to beat they're singleplayer save file, then it's like nightime outside at Gate A/B with way more MTF and forces, because they've had more time to prepare for the breach.

Or just random day or night. I always wanted a nice starry sky at the gates.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Destructoid wrote:Or just random day or night. I always wanted a nice starry sky at the gates.
That'll be easy, just give the void a black hue (because when it's day the void is colored blue). Replace the sky with stars, the sun with a moon.
And then make a fog smaller then the fog inside the facility.

For rain just make a picture full of rain and make it 10 different layers in-front of the player.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

what would be good is if the rain image will not need any transparency, and the colour purple will not show up, like with the radio and navigator
bleh

SCP-Sean wrote:what would be good is if the rain image will not need any transparency, and the colour purple will not show up, like with the radio and navigator
No, when you put the color purple it turns into transparency, Regalis masked the pink out in the code.