Re: Multiplayer mod?

SCP 513 wrote:
ShadowZ wrote:Longtext
About SCP-096

It's Euclid, am i righto? So you said that if you Euclid kills you, then you respawn. As on Keter, they will permanently kill you...

If 096 kills first player, that means he will continue killing other player. Thoughts on this?
I had a conversation with my Brother about this.

SCP-096 is Euclid, Due to it only attacking you whilst doing a certain thing (While looking at it's face).

lololord wrote:
SCP 513 wrote:
ShadowZ wrote:Longtext
About SCP-096

It's Euclid, am i righto? So you said that if you Euclid kills you, then you respawn. As on Keter, they will permanently kill you...

If 096 kills first player, that means he will continue killing other player. Thoughts on this?
I had a conversation with my Brother about this.

SCP-096 is Euclid, Due to it only attacking you whilst doing a certain thing (While looking at it's face).
Approved

ShadowZ wrote: About pocket dim - one player at time. Oh, maybe if you are very close to each other, then 106 will capture both ;) But it all up to you guys, you decide, as always :) If any1 has better ideas, tell meh :)
Ok he captures both and send them to his pocket dimension. Don't show other players' models while in the PD. Problem solved. Oh, and please disable any collision between them if you have it on.
ShadowZ wrote: Im working on event sync now... Im not really sure about the system, how should it be processed... I think the best way to do this is to just send to clients packets like: "playSound" or "cameraFog", and so on...
If an event is executed, send a message to all other clients and the host to start it, may in reality be a few seconds off sync, but for events it's reasonable, except for the intro. That must be kept synchronized.
ShadowZ wrote: This will allow clients to be kept far away from the event handling, so modding host would be enough to change the whole game! I like this idea, altough it would require a bit more work... Also crazy mods will be possible to make ;D There is one thing that needs to be kept like in vanillia, the rooms... I only send SEED now... That means every client generates own map, but it's same as the rest... I gonna read about the game saving, and then I will change it to sending custom level :)
Why not operate like the seed? If the host saves, every client also saves the map, and when you restart or load, it loads that. Also, it should save player inventory and position, so if a group play, 2-3 people can come back later alone and continue until they escape.
ShadowZ wrote: Memory access Violations happen when I call method of undefined object or whenever a weird exception occur :) I mean about updating my actual code (6.2) to 6.6 codebase, version checking will be also implemented soon (I planned it earlier) :D
Yes. Use this, YOUR code on left, .6.6 on right.
Look for Green areas, those are ADDED sections from the left,
Red is OUTDATED/REMOVED sections of the old version.
lololord wrote: SCP-096 is Euclid, Due to it only attacking you whilst doing a certain thing (While looking at it's face).
When he runs IMO he shows his face. Maybe if you see it, after he is done killing the first person, he comes after you?

mrpeanut188 wrote: When he runs IMO he shows his face. Maybe if you see it, after he is done killing the first person, he comes after you?
I thought of that too.

Yeah, I was using a bit different file differer, but the method is quite same ;) But that's not the problem, I can always miss some lines, or copy one line too much, then the whole work is fcked up, and I need to start over, since it's impossible, or at least very hard to find out what caused mav... I'm looking for something that can do it automaticaly ;)

About 096 - kills one player and then sits down. Simple as that.

I don't think that it makes any matter if you are killed by Euclid or Keter... You die, you are dead. No difference.
Maybe I will add it as config ;)

SCP 513 wrote:
mrpeanut188 wrote: When he runs IMO he shows his face. Maybe if you see it, after he is done killing the first person, he comes after you?
I thought of that too.
P-P-PLAGIARISM!

Day summary:

-Trying to update to 6.6 (Failed...)
-Solving few school problems
-Fixing some friendship relations...
-Debugging whole life.
-Answering posts on forum

In free time:
:D

Tomorrow Im doing real job :>
Last edited by ShadowZ on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowZ wrote:Day summary:

-Trying to update to 6.6 (Failed...)
-Solving few school problems
-Fixing some friendship relations...
-Debugging whole life.
-Answering posts on forum

Tomorrow Im doing real job :>
Tisk, tisk, tisk....

Edit: Any circumstances on MTF or Guards?
Last edited by SCP 513 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.