Re: Multiplayer mod?

This is looking quite nice, I really like what you've done so far. The D-Class noclipping around made me chuckle a bit.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:This is looking quite nice, I really like what you've done so far. The D-Class noclipping around made me chuckle a bit.
Haha!

@SCP 513

You don't even know how much work is it. I work few days only... If you don't like the mod just gtfo and don't comment. Did you know how hard is it to make even that small thing? Do something like that yourself, then we can talk. Anyway, the most changes are invisible, becouse they are code structural changes, adding new packets now won't be a problem. This is just a quick look for player position sending, to prove you that I really do something. Give me some time, don't expect I finish everything in 5 days, with animations, additional plot, without bugs. I hope you really know what are you hating, if no, do a simple chat in any language. Then comment again :)

For now, I gonna leave player anims, and proceed to Entities sending, then I will add animations for everything... Mod is in heavy developement, I gonna post some vids after something is really visible.

Impressive work so far, gonna be nice to see the result when it's finished, and don't use your time on the haters, they always hate things without giving it a chance first.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

ShadowZ wrote:@SCP 513

You don't even know how much work is it. I work few days only... If you don't like the mod just gtfo and don't comment. Did you know how hard is it to make even that small thing? Do something like that yourself, then we can talk. Anyway, the most changes are invisible, becouse they are code structural changes, adding new packets now won't be a problem. This is just a quick look for player position sending, to prove you that I really do something. Give me some time, don't expect I finish everything in 5 days, with animations, additional plot, without bugs. I hope you really know what are you hating, if no, do a simple chat in any language. Then comment again :)

For now, I gonna leave player anims, and proceed to Entities sending, then I will add animations for everything... Mod is in heavy developement, I gonna post some vids after something is really visible.
Calm down, im not that angry or annoying. Im just showing respect. I just like your MP mods and that's it. Why are you angry? It doesn't mean cuz i cant comment stupido things.

SCP 513 wrote:Sexy and smacking.... This looks great
(Sarcasm detected)
SCP 513 wrote:Pfft, the player is static, not arms moving just like Placeholders FTW
Showing respect :D Quite weird, at least for me... Well, If that's how you show respect, then okay...

Im not angry, I got used to "hate", becouse most things I do are just invisible for ppl who aren't into programming...

I updated to 6.6, becouse I started modding from 6.2 (Biggest fail eve, I had 2 folders with source and just realised that I copied the wrong one...), using FileDiff... It took me whole day ;x

Tomorrow event sync, and when I finish this, the mod will become so-so playable :)

ShadowZ wrote: Two questions to more experienced blitz coders -
1) Can I rotate the head of Class-D model only (Without moving body)? 173 head is rotating, but I don't know how to do this...
Unfortunately, Blitz3D does NOT allow animation blending. However, I want to have this in my CB mod. Splice the head from the Class-D model, and have it drawn rotated.
However, you an just turn the model with a walking animation, it should look "ok".
ShadowZ wrote: 2) How can I check if Entity is in view of other Player, having position, yaw and pitch of his camera? Should I create new cam and then check EntityInView? Or is there any easier way?
This is already implemented into the game to check if 173 is in the camera. Search around for it, it should be under the Main Loop if I'm not mistaken.

Anyways, if you want more experienced coders for help, look to MonocleBios for coding, and InnocentSam for anything else, he is the first to create an actual mod, with both his 005 and 008 mods. He is also the one who figured out how to create rooms that look like vanilla Containment Breach. Shoot Monocle a PM, he should be happy to help.

You could separate the head from the body and have them as two models.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Thank you for support ;)

About the second one - I knew about EntityInView, but I'm not sure how it works... I need to create camera, can that cam be hidden (So not rendering to backbuffer)? I'll probably have to add Camera as a Field of Client class... Well, nothing special...

I have a quite good (I hope) idea... I thought of making radio more usefull, I wondered if I can make voice stream, but that seemed too hard (If even possible in b3d)... I decided I gonna add some custom sounds, and when you have radio, you can press, for example 1, and then the rest players will hear "173 here", or 2 for "Help me!". How do you like it? About NAV, Im sure you will be able to see players there ;)

Maybe I will add some cams in the room where you can disable remote door controll, so you can see where are other players, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea since Im making just multiplayer mod...

Also there is a importatnt question about the death, what should I do after Player's death? I thought of 2 options, The player respawns in a closed cell (like in the beginning), and then the doors open (ofc, inventory is clear), and in the place he died his items are spawned. The second option, the player will be kicked from server instead of being respawned, rest is same like in 1st. I think I gonna add this as server option, euclid for respawns, keter for permament death.

Now a little info about the source code. I don't know If Im made to release it by license. So, basicaly, if I release it (without any anti cheat, Im not able to write it, and even If I am, it's not worth the job), any "non-friend" game, will cause a lot of item-spawners, speedhackers, noclipers and so on... Well, I don't think that's more than the learning value of my crappy code, if somebody would like to see how It's done... It's up to you guys, Personally I don't think this mod will become "worldwide game #1", so probably there is no need to keep source closed... Oh, and btw, even if I keep it for myself, there are guys that can decompile the .exe and inject their code (If anyone would have a good purpose to do this...).

Comments and ideas please :)

BIG POST!
ShadowZ wrote:Thank you for support ;)
Why, your very welcome. :)
ShadowZ wrote: About the second one - I knew about EntityInView, but I'm not sure how it works... I need to create camera, can that cam be hidden (So not rendering to backbuffer)? I'll probably have to add Camera as a Field of Client class... Well, nothing special...
I'll look up the documentary tomorrow., see if I can shed some light on the function.
ShadowZ wrote: I have a quite good (I hope) idea... I thought of making radio more usefull, I wondered if I can make voice stream, but that seemed too hard (If even possible in b3d)... I decided I gonna add some custom sounds, and when you have radio, you can press, for example 1, and then the rest players will hear "173 here", or 2 for "Help me!". How do you like it?
There is a Teamspeak Wrapper for Blitz3D available, but it's in German. You can view the translated page here.
ShadowZ wrote:About NAV, Im sure you will be able to see players there ;)
+1
ShadowZ wrote: Maybe I will add some cams in the room where you can disable remote door controll, so you can see where are other players, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea since Im making just multiplayer mod...
Maybe add a "Camera" object, spawn only one, and whoever is carrying it (always equipped with an overlay) sends feed to the control room. Again, your choice, it's YOUR mod, and I'd love to see something like that.
ShadowZ wrote: Also there is a importatnt question about the death, what should I do after Player's death? I thought of 2 options, The player respawns in a closed cell (like in the beginning), and then the doors open (ofc, inventory is clear), and in the place he died his items are spawned. The second option, the player will be kicked from server instead of being respawned, rest is same like in 1st. I think I gonna add this as server option, euclid for respawns, keter for permament death.
Kind of like Minecraft difficulty, except when dead, you would enter spectate until they spawn you again by visiting the cells. Also, like the room only has 4 cells, there is only 4 lives for EVERYONE, then death if permanent.
Keter should have you just go into spectate mode, where your cam just follows another player.
ShadowZ wrote: Now a little info about the source code. I don't know If Im made to release it by license. So, basicaly, if I release it (without any anti cheat, Im not able to write it, and even If I am, it's not worth the job), any "non-friend" game, will cause a lot of item-spawners, speedhackers, noclipers and so on... Well, I don't think that's more than the learning value of my crappy code, if somebody would like to see how It's done... It's up to you guys, Personally I don't think this mod will become "worldwide game #1", so probably there is no need to keep source closed...
Why would people cheat in a game like this in MULTIPLAYER? You should not release the code PUBLICLY if you want to keep it to a minimum, but you should still give it out to people upon request, I'm sure I'd like to see your code.
ShadowZ wrote: Oh, and btw, even if I keep it for myself, there are guys that can decompile the .exe and inject their code (If anyone would have a good purpose to do this...).
Above, like I said this is a lot more complicated, but people can still go into the source, delete random segments, compile, and join/host a game.
ShadowZ wrote: Comments and ideas please :)
Done, done, and done. :)