Re: Multiplayer mod - UNRELEASED

epicgamer123 wrote:Out of pity make that it be even released as quickly as possible with bugs the important it is that I burst with my friends!
It is not so grave as her be buggy not?
Sure, because that couldn't possibly have negative repercussions...
M-x dingus-mode

This mod will be amazing when it's released, but it might not be released. A mod can die without warning, it's a very real threat for any game. That's why releasing In-Development versions is important. That way, even if the mod were to die, someone else could finish it. That being said, there are plenty of impatient haters out there who won't seem to realize the WIP state of the project, so you shouldn't necessarily release it to the public. If you release a WIP version, you should probably only release it to people you know, release it to people you trust not to be annoying, and release it to other experienced coders who might be able to continue your legacy should the unthinkable happen.

It's all up to you, keep up the good work! I can't wait to fool my friend into entering 860, and just hear him scream while I go to Gate A.

RancidBuffalo wrote:This mod will be amazing when it's released, but it might not be released. A mod can die without warning, it's a very real threat for any game. That's why releasing In-Development versions is important. That way, even if the mod were to die, someone else could finish it. That being said, there are plenty of impatient haters out there who won't seem to realize the WIP state of the project, so you shouldn't necessarily release it to the public. If you release a WIP version, you should probably only release it to people you know, release it to people you trust not to be annoying, and release it to other experienced coders who might be able to continue your legacy should the unthinkable happen.

It's all up to you, keep up the good work! I can't wait to fool my friend into entering 860, and just hear him scream while I go to Gate A.
and then he gets through and gate a is actually behind 860 test
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

I can't wait for this mod to be released! It's pretty much the only way I"ll convince my sister to play with me, heh. It's gonna be great.
That Same Anon wrote:
RancidBuffalo wrote:This mod will be amazing when it's released, but it might not be released. A mod can die without warning, it's a very real threat for any game. That's why releasing In-Development versions is important. That way, even if the mod were to die, someone else could finish it. That being said, there are plenty of impatient haters out there who won't seem to realize the WIP state of the project, so you shouldn't necessarily release it to the public. If you release a WIP version, you should probably only release it to people you know, release it to people you trust not to be annoying, and release it to other experienced coders who might be able to continue your legacy should the unthinkable happen.

and then he gets through and gate a is actually behind 860 test
Hilariously enough this almost exactly what happened to me in literally my first gameplay of 1.0, although it was Gate B. I could hardly believe how fitting it was for me to have to go through it to end the game :P (Gate A hadn't spawned)
Creator of SCP-345, SCP-700, SCP-860 and SCP-966.

Oskar-PL wrote:
WillWow_mc wrote:But that makes the blinking mechanic useless...
Because think about it. It doesn't matter how well you time your blinking, 173 can just go BOOM and snap your neck.
Think about it. If you, both players, watch 173 at the same time, it's impossible for him to move, making the game just easy and not scary and all. The blinking could still be here, but just the lights would go out like once in 5-10 minutes for part of a second. Otherwise, it's too easy for two people to survive encouters with 173.

It would be very Scary.. What if you both blink at the Same time. One dead. :0492:
It's cold up in here!

I would really love if you could release a in development version that we could play as is until its released, that would be so amazing because there is no other multiplayer mods out there!

ShadowZ wrote:Hi,

Im new on formus, but Im following SCP:CB since very early versions :) Anyway, I've never had any reason to register on forums, untill now. Regalis has released source code, so It's good to start doing something with it... I decided to make multiplayer mod, becouse that's what I like, not even the gameplay (It won't be as scary then, when you have a partner who looks what's behind you...), I just like network programming, and the project seems to be funny with two people xD

So, basicaly, Im really curious how many people are interested, how many people would play it...

I have nothing done yet (Despite getting Blitz and compiling), I dont promise anything, Im just asking if final result is worth my work.

Thank you for any comments (good and bad) :)
I would like a multiplayer that would be awsome

Stanley54 wrote:
Oskar-PL wrote:
WillWow_mc wrote:But that makes the blinking mechanic useless...
Because think about it. It doesn't matter how well you time your blinking, 173 can just go BOOM and snap your neck.
Think about it. If you, both players, watch 173 at the same time, it's impossible for him to move, making the game just easy and not scary and all. The blinking could still be here, but just the lights would go out like once in 5-10 minutes for part of a second. Otherwise, it's too easy for two people to survive encouters with 173.

It would be very Scary.. What if you both blink at the Same time. One dead. :0492:
Well I don't think that you just want to be just sitting there watching scp-173 :173: I think you would want to beat it both blink ur dead :079_2:

Marshall14 wrote:-snip-
You know you could've also put that into one post instead of two? Just sayin'
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?