Re: Multiplayer mod - UNRELEASED

Oskar-PL wrote:
august090401 wrote:Cannot wait for the release of the mod, make it to where when both players look at 173, as long as one player is looking at it without blinking, 173 stands still. MAXIMUM REALISM!

:173:
That would make the game too easy. I suggest making like random light outtages like you see in the intro of the game. That way, even when both players don't blink, it still has chances to get you ("it" - 173)
But that makes the blinking mechanic useless...
Because think about it. It doesn't matter how well you time your blinking, 173 can just go BOOM and snap your neck.
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

It's true that a lot of things would be easier, but in the end, you have to remember that this is a mod. It's not a mandatory feature being implemented into the game. If you think it's too easy, go play single player. Besides, I think that the blinking feature with two people would add an element of strategy to the game.

A feature that I think would be cool would be an optional mode where player two spawns somewhere far away, adding an element of terror as you try (or don't try) to find the other person, who may be dead already for all you know.

WillWow_mc wrote:But that makes the blinking mechanic useless...
Because think about it. It doesn't matter how well you time your blinking, 173 can just go BOOM and snap your neck.
Think about it. If you, both players, watch 173 at the same time, it's impossible for him to move, making the game just easy and not scary and all. The blinking could still be here, but just the lights would go out like once in 5-10 minutes for part of a second. Otherwise, it's too easy for two people to survive encouters with 173.
Nothing here for now, because the site with my previous banner got infected.

I do get what you are saying, but I'm also going to just say the reasons against it so you know where I'm coming from.

It does make it easier, but also, what if someone looked away (back to back 'strategy')? What is there was no voice chat or if the voice chat client (aka skype or some jazz) had some latency (lag), and you blinked at the same time or looked away at the same time?

Also, think about this:
It makes it much more realistic.
Are you saying that 173 is the only reason SCPCB is scary??!? If it were, then I would NEVER get scared of the game. Because you can tell where he is with the S-Nav 300 Navigator Ultimate, you can hear him, you can use the better gasmask to run faster away from him, you can use certain eyedrops to stop blinking and to slow blinking, and possibly more I have forgotten to mention. Really, it doesn't make the game any easier. In fact, I'm pretty sure that 173 isn't the hard part.
And who doesn't want to play SCPCB with friends?!?

Maybe if you are close to 173 and the two of you keep watching, the lights could go out. But still, what if you only had one person watching 173 at the time and the lights go out? Then that would be really annoying.

Let's just see what the modders do.

Plus, makers of this mod, could you release a developmental version? So that if you end up not finishing and it 'dies', we can actually try it/use it. Ya get what I'm saying? I would hold games/mod from people, but I realise that they want to see it and have to make sure they don't lose interest. By releasing in-dev versions. Sorry if I am forcing it on you, but it would be nice. :wink:
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

WillWow_mc wrote: Plus, makers of this mod, could you release a developmental version? So that if you end up not finishing and it 'dies', we can actually try it/use it. Ya get what I'm saying? I would hold games/mod from people, but I realise that they want to see it and have to make sure they don't lose interest. By releasing in-dev versions. Sorry if I am forcing it on you, but it would be nice. :wink:
I don't know about the current development, but my repo is still up from when I left. I'm sure juan would be glad to give you his source code if you asked for it.
M-x dingus-mode

MonocleBios wrote:I'm sure juan would be glad to give you his source code if you asked for it.
I'm not sure if I should release anything yet. I'm trying to improve the client so the server doesn't miss any keypresses.

juanjpro wrote:I'm not sure if I should release anything yet. I'm trying to improve the client so the server doesn't miss any keypresses.
Your call. It's not like there's many people who are interested in looking at your source regardless. I mean, I am. But I don't like reviewing code that isn't 'finished' so to speak.
M-x dingus-mode