Re: Multiplayer mod - UNRELEASED

ShadowZ wrote:it was going pretty well. It was starting to get quite playable, although still needed a ton of work.

In the meantime I got a job, so it really don't have free time now :/ Also, juan started his irrlicht port and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better if I just wait for it and then implement it...
Might I ask how elevators work, and if they teleport items?
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

We never got to actually implementing elevators properly because there still were several issues with the player's movement that we needed to fix. Last time we tested it, we were rubberbanding a bit. Now that I think of it, we should've gotten rid of FPSfactor to use fixed timesteps instead, that would've made things much better.

juanjpro wrote:We never got to actually implementing elevators properly because there still were several issues with the player's movement that we needed to fix. Last time we tested it, we were rubberbanding a bit. Now that I think of it, we should've gotten rid of FPSfactor to use fixed timesteps instead, that would've made things much better.
Got any screenshots or videos available? cause we would love to see the progress.
I know you, but you don't know me.
I see you. Don't believe me?
Here is some proof:

==================
| You are viewing my post |
==================

Mr. Guy wrote:
juanjpro wrote:We never got to actually implementing elevators properly because there still were several issues with the player's movement that we needed to fix. Last time we tested it, we were rubberbanding a bit. Now that I think of it, we should've gotten rid of FPSfactor to use fixed timesteps instead, that would've made things much better.
Got any screenshots or videos available? cause we would love to see the progress.

There is one video, but it's outdated.

I don't want to do it in blitz.
It's painfull. Noone is paying me or juan for doing the mod. Developement is stopped for now. There are several ports being created right now, including juan's using irrlicht and mine using Unity. When there is a stable release of any of those (and they are open source/moddable) I will try to do something in that direcion. No promises this time guys.

Also, thanks for all those guys who said the mod needs time. It really does and we really tried to make it work. Unfortunately, b3d is not object-oriented and syncing it sucks.
Spoiler