Multiplayer mod - UNRELEASED

Hi,

Im new on formus, but Im following SCP:CB since very early versions :) Anyway, I've never had any reason to register on forums, untill now. Regalis has released source code, so It's good to start doing something with it... I decided to make multiplayer mod, becouse that's what I like, not even the gameplay (It won't be as scary then, when you have a partner who looks what's behind you...), I just like network programming, and the project seems to be funny with two people xD

So, basicaly, Im really curious how many people are interested, how many people would play it...

I have nothing done yet (Despite getting Blitz and compiling), I dont promise anything, Im just asking if final result is worth my work.

Thank you for any comments (good and bad) :)
Last edited by ShadowZ on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Multiplayer mod?

Its now possible to join room or host a one, Player names are shown. No Console or chat for now, I gonna add them later. Also, game loading is synced, You can't start a game before all players are ready (loaded and running). Im coding player syncing now, no animations, player model is Class-D entity that you can see in intro (Entering 173 containment room with you). Next, I gonna add Entity sync, so non-host players can see 173 and other guys. I hope alpha is released then, also Item syncing will be adden in a while, since it's not a lot of work.

Just a quick info of my work. I hope I gonna release some screenshots soon, when I have anything to show, more than just few lines of text and debug messages...

Hmmm, I haven't thought of Event syncing... :/ That is going to take some more time, cuz It's really hard to define "Event", and send only necesary data... Anyway, Players syncing works so-so (Only debug, but not much work to make it entity :D). I will post some screenshots where you can see other player, maybe tomorrow or in 2 days.

Btw, As I said, I don't hope so many ppl will play this mod, becouse it totally ruins the horror element, and makes the game more adventure-like and cooperative (Can't really imagine playing this without voice communication, and no, I won't add it by default).

This is not official, however.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

SCP 513 wrote: We already disscussed this before:

No official co-op and multiplayer....
I hope you do realize this is in the modding section, where people are free to modify and post any CB mods. Never once was stated that this was a suggestion for the official game.
It slep time bunner.

I think have an idea. What you think about selecting randomly one of the players as the test subject, that will go to the 173 chamber and all that stuff, and the other will remain on his cell, until the breach is produced, when the door will be open suddenly (maybe because of 079?). Then you have two (or more) players on the same map, but acting independenlty, so it keeps the scary thing of being alone, but gives the posibility of finding your mate (remember the door that gives you access to the "jail" remains closed when the breach starts, so he must find other way of finding you). Have you thought about making MTF players?

This is a mod, and some ppl wanted multiplayer ;)

Read some of my earlier posts :D

Anyway, Player sync is ready and running, Clients and host can see each other as Class-D model (No anims, yet). Also the yaw is sent, so you can see player rotation. I need to add some smoothing now, becouse now the models just teleport. I gonna use frame-time-based translations with proportions to smooth movement, with high ping the other players will be just late-moving (long reaction time), with lags (jitter), it gonna look like teleporting/slow motion moving player :D Quite like in modern fps games...

Screenshots soon!