Re: Multiplayer mod - UNRELEASED

whathopercy wrote:Did this die?
Don't worry, it's not dead yet, the thread's merely scaring us into thinking there's nothing going on anymore (based on the previous pages it's still being developed as we speak; it's not going to be any easier now though). Ultimately though I don't know; ask juanjpro, ShadowZ and the other people working on this to see if it's still being worked around on.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

autotroph wrote:
whathopercy wrote:Did this die?
Don't worry, it's not dead yet, the thread's merely scaring us into thinking there's nothing going on anymore (based on the previous pages it's still being developed as we speak; it's not going to be any easier now though). Ultimately though I don't know; ask juanjpro, ShadowZ and the other people working on this to see if it's still being worked around on.
Yay, thanks. I got that impression from the dead silence and lack of contact from the developers (In relative comparison to the progress they were making before.)

Sorry for the lack of progress, I'm currently busy with the Irrlicht port. It might be a good idea to make the mod with the new engine because C++ will allow me to manage stuff easier. Blitz3D's syntax is making the mod difficult to continue, but it's not cancelled.

Lucagumballf wrote:Please Release it !!! :D or :173: :173: :173:
Why would you want something unfinished to be released? Give the developers some time to make it look better and more presentable. If you rush it, it's gonna turn out bad. Grand Theft Auto V was delayed a few months for extra development time and it turned out to be one of the best gta games out there. Who knows, maybe if you give the developers here some time, it'll turn out to be one of the best mods of all time.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

juanjpro wrote:Sorry for the lack of progress, I'm currently busy with the Irrlicht port. It might be a good idea to make the mod with the new engine because C++ will allow me to manage stuff easier. Blitz3D's syntax is making the mod difficult to continue, but it's not cancelled.
how do i make a thread :duck: 8)

Here's the source code: https://www.mediafire.com/?8gmnelnceou50ea

And here are the decls needed to use ShadowZ's ConsoleLib:

Code: Select all

.lib "ConsoleLib.dll"

ConInit():"Init_@0"
ConGetArch%():"GetArch_@0"
ConPrint(text$):"Print_@4"
ConLineFeed$():"LineFeed_@0"

ConSetColor(fg%,bg%):"SetColor_@8";
ConResetColor():"ResetColor_@0";
ConGotoXY(x%,y%):"GotoXY_@8"
ConReadKey%():"ReadKey_@0"
ConCls():"ClearScreen_@0"
ConShowCursor(show%):"ShowCursor_@4"
I decided to release it because I'm busy with the Irrlicht port, so I decided to take a break from mods until that is done. I might make some changes to this mod later on, but I'd rather just remake it in C++ instead of working around Blitz3D bugs and other issues related to the game's single-player-only design.

It's for v0.9.3, though updating it to v1.0.4 should be pretty easy.

Please note that this is only the source code, no executables are included. Do not download it if you just want to play and don't have any idea on how to set it up and improve it. I want people to know what they're doing, so I won't help you if you can't prove that you can continue with the project.

hey juanjpro I know you released the source code so other modders could help and continue the work and said you didnt want people just playing it now but ive been non stop looking at this forum for a year so could you put the mod out so I could play it and the other people that want to cause im assuming im not the only one.