Re: Multiplayer mod - UNRELEASED

The creator is inactive and I doubt the youtube comment is being looked at. Unfortunately the original developer is gone, so people have tried to take upon themselves the mantle but so far nobody has released a multiplayer mod.

Gamerjackiechan wrote:Just wondering, are you aware that the beta testing signup site is down? Because a friend of mine :106: wanted to be a beta tester. I mean the one on the youtube video.
There is no beta signup. That was the OP's video and website, and he's long gone.

All we can do now is wait patiently.
Sometimes I like to lie in bed and pretend I'm a carrot

like wtf how did you even invent that

-Blu

Well i may have an Idea for Endings and spawning you see....My idea was that if one player gets to gate A than the AI will be unable to open it as it will say ''Gate B will not Open'' and so they will have to exit through gate a but if a player has already gone through gate A then they will leave the server or spectate and have the option to join again i think that would kinda resolve the minor easy task of the endings :geek: but the spawning is the problem but remember the saving action could be turned into a set spawn action and ye simple i am new to MODS but they seem so simple but i know they are hard :geek: but still.......Anyway I am SubmarineRose36 :D Creator of the Biggest and most realistic minecraft SCP map ever so send me a message on Xbox360 my GamerTag is the same as my username: SubmarineRose36 or contact me on twitter and look at the images of it. I have some great! designs ideas for SCP Minecraft but i need some help putting the SCP Containment Breach minecraft Mod on the Xbox 360 minecraft version (not made by me) I need some advice because i am kinda confused on how to put the mod on xbox 360.

Thnx for your time:SubmarineRose36 8)

The edits to SCP-096's AI are going well so far:
Spoiler
It still needs some tweaking though, it can still get stuck.

You can also see that the dedicated server will not load the room textures, so it takes less time to start the server. FastExt and FastText were removed since the server doesn't need them. The world is currently rendered for testing purposes, that will be removed once it starts communicating properly with clients.

The way the game sends and recieves packets is being improved: the game will check if interactive entities are close enough to the player instead of sending everything, so packet size is lower and cheating is harder.

juanjpro wrote:The way the game sends and recieves packets is being improved: the game will check if interactive entities are close enough to the player instead of sending everything, so packet size is lower and cheating is harder.
Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means competent at packet design; but doesn't this give the client more authority as to where players are positioned? Is the server doing strict position/movement packet checks to compensate? Or did I just read this wrong?

Also, if you don't mind me asking purely out of interest, how(if you are that is) are you wrapping/unwrapping packets and doing confirmation checks?
M-x dingus-mode

MonocleBios wrote:
juanjpro wrote:The way the game sends and recieves packets is being improved: the game will check if interactive entities are close enough to the player instead of sending everything, so packet size is lower and cheating is harder.
Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means competent at packet design; but doesn't this give the client more authority as to where players are positioned? Is the server doing strict position/movement packet checks to compensate? Or did I just read this wrong?
The client has little authority over where it moves, since it only sends the keys that are being pressed and the collisions are handled entirely by the server.

What I meant is that if a player is too far away from something, the server will not tell the client about that thing.
MonocleBios wrote:Also, if you don't mind me asking purely out of interest, how(if you are that is) are you wrapping/unwrapping packets and doing confirmation checks?
I don't really understand what you're saying here.