Re: [0.6.6] Official MLP Mod Thread

Destructoid wrote:Well, remember she's been corrupted, so her powers are probably book related. That or extraction worked on her and she's in the facility to help cure the other characters. It would make sense for her to do that and remember, she's the most powerful conjurer in Equestria, so she'll have a forcefield around her. I think it's a really cool idea, and it's not that hard to do.
Um, doesn't that idea just basically cut Twilight out of the story?

My idea: Extraction worked on Twilight and she's currently recovering in an old containment room. She's reading books trying to figure out how to help her friends when the breach begins. She makes a force field around herself and continues studying. Suddenly, you come into her chamber and as soon as she sees you're not a threat she offers to refine items with magic. This is a concept of how it would look like. As you can see the room is 914's room but without the machine itself, in it's place is Twilight and some pedestals. The room is decorated with some candles and pillows and a bookshelf as you can see. Just my 2 cents.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Destructoid wrote:My idea: Extraction worked on Twilight and she's currently recovering in an old containment room. She's reading books trying to figure out how to help her friends when the breach begins. She makes a force field around herself and continues studying. Suddenly, you come into her chamber and as soon as she sees you're not a threat she offers to refine items with magic. This is a concept of how it would look like. As you can see the room is 914's room but without the machine itself, in it's place is Twilight and some pedestals. The room is decorated with some candles and pillows and a bookshelf as you can see. Just my 2 cents.
Ok, there's many things wrong with that idea.

First off, in the event of a containment breach, the last thing she would do is sit in a room and study. She would probably attempt to get out or contact someone. She's not stupid enough to continue studying when there's dangerous things on the loose, especially in that kind of environment. Second, her force field doesn't last forever, and if it did she still wouldn't be studying during a containment breach. Thirdly, backstory wise, The Extraction hasn't even been attempted before the containment breach, thus making your idea obsolete.

Anyway, we're already going with Spark's idea on this one, so it's a bit too late to start bringing up alternate ideas.

I dun get the sudden hostility. Everyone should agree before we decide to go with something, especially something game central. This isn't even something we HAVE to implement now.
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Destructoid wrote:I dun get the sudden hostility. Everyone should agree before we decide to go with something, especially something game central. This isn't even something we HAVE to implement now.
I already discussed it with the other story writers and the majority (being 3 out of 5) agreed to Spark's idea over your idea. I'm not saying your idea was bad, it's just that it had some flaws. Anyway, I'm sorry but it's too late to change it now.

Whatever then, I wonder why it's only the story writers? Anyways I still think it's lazy writing on top of lazy writing. No offense.
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Destructoid wrote:Anyways I still think it's lazy writing on top of lazy writing. No offense.
If you're going to criticize the story, at least make it constructive criticism instead of just saying it's lazy writing.

Wow...Commander...you're really getting overly aggressive about this idea. Now you're making me have tabs open to do another quote-response style post.
*clicks fingers* ow
CommanderPro100 wrote:Why would she be sitting in her room during a containment breach? I'm pretty sure that she would at least try and get out.
Did you even read my post?
Glitch wrote:Also, Twilight would be researching, and in the event of a containment breach, she can simply cast a force-field around herself and continue working. If I was Twilight I'd rather work towards saving my friends than just running away.
CommanderPro100 wrote:First off, in the event of a containment breach, the last thing she would do is sit in a room and study. She would probably attempt to get out or contact someone. She's not stupid enough to continue studying when there's dangerous things on the loose, especially in that kind of environment.
Nope, definitely did not read my post, I wonder if you'll even read this one?
CommanderPro100 wrote:Second, her force field doesn't last forever, and if it did she still wouldn't be studying during a containment breach.
Her force-field doesn't last forever... no idea where you got this idea from, but it's a shame she can't simply recast the force-field at regular intervals.
CommanderPro100 wrote:thus making your idea obsolete.
When trying to sound smart, use words that make sense in context, please.
CommanderPro100 wrote:Anyway, we're already going with Spark's idea on this one, so it's a bit too late to start bringing up alternate ideas.
[03:41:09] CommanderPro100: Anyway, I think we're gonna just go with Spark's idea, end of discussion.
You really had a heated debate, all the talk about the Gamegrumps...
It seems it doesn't matter that I brought this idea up on Garbo's thread, I don't see how it's late to bring up, since Spark's idea requires you to do minimal work.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.