Re: [0.9.3] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.6.4 (SCP-1

I don't know how SCP-576 would work, sense D-9341 doesn't sleep anywhere in the game (173 would kill him if he did)

647 is interesting, would be an unexpected scare as well.

2677 is... interesting, in a way this could actually work as an ending

You know, this thread should have a suggestion format like the new suggestions thread, would make reading and making suggestions easier.
Well, maybe after drinking 576, D-9341 could go to sleep, without 173 killing him...

Why would D-9341 just go to sleep, 576 doesn't force you to sleep and D wouldn't just go to sleep in a strange facility surrounded by terrifying creatures, BUT, i think i have an idea.

Maybe you could drink it and nothing happens at first, later there could be a room with gas, when you pass through without a gas mask the player would pass out and begin to dream.
Nice idea. Thumbs up for that one!

I love this mod, it's like as if this mod should be included!

Anyways, I encountered a bug.

Clipboard refinement bug
Spoiler
What is it: You can't refine clipboard to increase the slots of clipboard.
When it occurs: I put the clipboard through SCP-914 on Fine settings, it still holds 10 items. When I try it again on Very Fine, it once again still hold 10 items. It's supposed to hold 15 and 20 by Fine and Very Fine, respectively.
Error messages: No error messages.
Version of Box of Horrors: 0.6.4
Picture: N/A (Easy to replicate, just put the clipboard through SCP-914 on Fine. And try Very Fine too.
Also, what do you think about destroying SCP-178 by putting it in SCP-914 on Rough settings?
And how about an ending that involves escaping through Gate B with SCP-005? (Using SCP-005 on the code door in Gate B.)

The funny part is the zombie from medibay don't react to SCP-1074. And the zombie can't open doors either, as if the zombie is retarded.

What do you think about SCP-109 and SCP-458? It could have the effects of weak first aid kit with "cooldown" period of 2 minutes but has unlimited uses? SCP-109 could be found in light containment zone and locked behind level 3 keycard door, while SCP-458 can be found in the cafeteria.

The potential messages for usage of SCP-458 or SCP-109.
Spoiler
The message that appears when eating a pizza slice from SCP-458.
"That was delicious!"

And if you try to eat another slice while less than 2 minutes have passed since eating from SCP-458.
"I'm not hungry right now."

When drinking water from SCP-109.
"That was refreshing!"

If you drink water from SCP-109 thrice in a period of 5 minutes.
Your stomach is sloshing with water.

After that, you're unable to drink water from SCP-109 until 5 minutes have elapsed. Attempting to do this result in this message...
"I can't drink more water for now. I'm full!"

Kitteh6660 wrote:What do you think about SCP-109 and SCP-458? It could have the effects of weak first aid kit with "cooldown" period of 2 minutes but has unlimited uses? SCP-109 could be found in light containment zone and locked behind level 3 keycard door, while SCP-458 can be found in the cafeteria.

The potential messages for usage of SCP-458 or SCP-109.
Spoiler
The message that appears when eating a pizza slice from SCP-458.
"That was delicious!"

And if you try to eat another slice while less than 2 minutes have passed since eating from SCP-458.
"I'm not hungry right now."

When drinking water from SCP-109.
"That was refreshing!"

If you drink water from SCP-109 thrice in a period of 5 minutes.
Your stomach is sloshing with water.

After that, you're unable to drink water from SCP-109 until 5 minutes have elapsed. Attempting to do this result in this message...
"I can't drink more water for now. I'm full!"
Sounds interesting, 458 could easily be added to the cafeteria.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

Here's my edited warning labels. Tell me if you think something looks out of place or incorrect.

P.S. Some of the warning labels were backwards in the files. If they are supposed to be backwards, don't worry, I make them backwards still, I just reversed the ones here to show everyone.
Spoiler
Also, I have a bug. When you refine the clipboard on Fine or Very Fine, it remains the normal clipboard. I was playing one of my playthroughs when I encountered this.
Last edited by seaal on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://gorillagong.com/

I've become a gorilla.

Skull wrote:
I don't know how SCP-576 would work, sense D-9341 doesn't sleep anywhere in the game (173 would kill him if he did)

647 is interesting, would be an unexpected scare as well.

2677 is... interesting, in a way this could actually work as an ending

You know, this thread should have a suggestion format like the new suggestions thread, would make reading and making suggestions easier.
Well, maybe after drinking 576, D-9341 could go to sleep, without 173 killing him...

Why would D-9341 just go to sleep, 576 doesn't force you to sleep and D wouldn't just go to sleep in a strange facility surrounded by terrifying creatures, BUT, i think i have an idea.

Maybe you could drink it and nothing happens at first, later there could be a room with gas, when you pass through without a gas mask the player would pass out and begin to dream.
Nice idea. Thumbs up for that one!
It could be very useful to reveal the character's past. Perhaps a flashback of the crime committed to end up in prison and ultimately as a Class D.

seaal wrote:Here's my edited warning labels. Tell me if you think something looks out of place or incorrect.

P.S. Some of the warning labels were backwards in the files. If they are supposed to be backwards, don't worry, I make them backwards still, I just reversed the ones here to show everyone.

-snip-

Also, I have a bug. When you refine the clipboard on Fine or Very Fine, it remains the normal clipboard. I was playing one of my playthroughs when I encountered this.
Yeah these seem good, but there are some problems with these. Most of these don't really have very fitting hazard classifications.

1.) SCP-005 would probably be better classified as shape shifting or metamorphic.

2.) SCP-409... I'm not sure if biological hazard fits very well, as it's not organic and not really related to organic based diseases. It does affect your body, but I think hazard classifications have to apply to the properties of the object it self. Let's also not forget that SCP-409 affects more than just biological entities. I think Metamorphic Hazard would be more applicable.

3.) This isn't any real issue, but I think you should make the image of SCP-005 black and white, so that it fits all the other SCP warning signs.

4.) SCP-178 I think is ok, but I believe Invisible Objects hazard could also do.

Because SCP Containment Breach is lacking a variety of hazard signs, and of course just about none of my suggestions for hazard symbols actually exist in SCP Containment Breach... So here's a link to some warning signs Doctor Gears has.
http://scp-wiki.wdfiles.com/local--file ... isting.png

And another containing Lycan's work.
http://lycan-therapy.deviantart.com/gal ... F&offset=0

Mod edit: Please don't quote so many large images when making a post, especially when they're not necessary to reading it.
How to beat Tetris like a boss
Spoiler