SCP - Doom Experiment v0.6-pre2

SCP - Doom Experiment is a mod project for (G)ZDoom. It is based on the game SCP - Containment Breach and was inspired by a similar project by kevansevans.
I started this for fun and never though I would release it to the public, but I started to put effort in the project, and I would like to finish it, so I finally released it.
As stated above, it is mostly based on the game SCP-CB, but now I am focusing on adding SCPs and features that are currently not included in the game.

It is recommanded to use the lastest version of ZDoom or GZDoom to play the mod. The Doom 2 IWAD is required.
I also recommand to configure your controls before playing, including the blink button.
The default buttons to read a document are the number keys. Key 1 for nothing, 2 for Safe-class objects documents, 3 for Euclid-class, 4 for Keter-class and 5 for other various notes.

How to use the mod:
Spoiler
Without the launcher:
  • Make sure to have the lastest version of ZDoom or GZDoom and the Doom 2 IWAD
  • Extract the mod from the archive (preferably into your (G)ZDoom directory)
  • Drag and drop the mod onto the (G)ZDoom icon
  • If an IWAD selection list pops up, select Doom 2 and run the game
With the launcher:
  • Make sure to have the lastest version of ZDoom or GZDoom and the Doom 2 IWAD
  • Extract the mod and the launcher from the archive into your (G)ZDoom directory
  • (Optional) Create a shortcut of the launcher to your desktop or any other location if you prefer
  • Run the launcher, then you can type the names of any additional files or command line parameters you want to use with the mod. Just leave this field blank if you don't want to include anything
  • Specify the name of the source port you are using (ZDoom or GZDoom) and you are ready to play
  • If an IWAD selection list pops up, select Doom 2 and run the game
The current version is v0.6-pre2, a preview of the upcoming stable version, v0.6. And since it is a demo, many things will change and there is currently no ending.
The SCPs currently found in this mod are:
  • SCP-019 (the instances of SCP-019-2 use placeholder sprites)
  • SCP-055 (its document can be found)
  • SCP-096 (currently has placeholder sprites)
  • SCP-173
  • SCP-217
  • SCP-372 (for now, it doesn't try to hide behind the player, but I will work on this)
  • SCP-500 (currently does not cure SCP-217, I will be working on this as well)
  • SCP-513
  • SCP-682 (it can be heard as an ambient sound)
  • SCP-714 (it is incomplete as it doesn't slow down the player and cannot be unequiped, but it stills protect from memetic hazards)
  • SCP-895
  • SCP-420-J
  • SCP-789-J
The mod currently has a very incomplete example map, and the map layout will be heavily modified in the future. Some of the SCPs can be found in it. In order to view the other SCPs, you will have to use console commands (e.g summon scp513).
Randomly-generated maps would be a very nice feature, but it is not possible in the (Z)Doom engine. However, it is possible by using an external program (such as OBLIGE, which generates random levels for the standard Doom) to do this. I am currently not enough experienced in programming languages to mack such program, so help on this part would be really appreciated.

Screenshots:
Spoiler
Videos:
Spoiler
[youtube]Zr61kJ80NKs[/youtube]
Planned features:
Spoiler
  • More SCPs and random events, of course
  • Various tweaks on the existing features and bugfixes
  • Better rooms
  • Hopefuly randomly-generated maps
  • A better example map
  • An intro sequence
  • Replacing all Doom textures with new ones
Feel free to post any comments or suggestions. If you want to help with coding, resources or by other means, go ahead, it is always appreciated! :D
And remember, since this is a development version, many things will change. Also, I am sorry for the current lack of in-game instructions, but some will be added in future version of course.
The mod has a storyline, but it is only slightly hinted in some notes, and the storyline will be more implemented in the next versions, such as the implementation of an intro.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/atqjb ... 6-pre2.zip

The mod uses resources from the game SCP-CB without permission. So permission from the official creators would be appreciated too. :)
The full credits and list of features can be found in the text files included with this mod.
The works of the SCP Foundation are under Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license.
Last edited by Feguelion on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
Member of the FunnyLetsPlayTeam (french Let's Plays channel) | Creator of SCP - Doom Experiment

Re: SCP - Doom Experiment v0.6-pre1

Edited the OP to include instructions on how to run the mod. Sorry for having forgot that.
A minor update and a showcase video will be coming soon.
epicgamer123 wrote:Always the same error I am going to try to put him in my system32
PS: to put zdoom in the daytime I I have the version 2.7.1.
Did you manage to run the mod now?
Member of the FunnyLetsPlayTeam (french Let's Plays channel) | Creator of SCP - Doom Experiment

Re: SCP - Doom Experiment v0.6-pre1

Edited the OP again, this time to include a small gameplay video in which you will see part of the example map. You will see only three SCPs in the video, and some of the documents and keycards. Full showcase videos will come in the future.
epicgamer123 wrote:Yes but for that I have to make slide the exe of the game in gzdoom if one could find another way would be that no refusal :)
I will possibly make a small launcher for the mod so that you can use it more easily. EDIT: Done.
epicgamer123 wrote:EDIT : Apparently he does not seem he to have of other way thus I there repeats it : haughtiness mod :)
Thanks for your interest in this mod :)

EDIT: As you will see, the documents are heavily shortened, this is because the space to write is pretty limited. The documents may seem actually big when read in-game but they are automaticaly scaled. Also, there arn't much custom textures for now, so as you can see SCP-372's cell use a fence texture as a placeholder.
Last edited by Feguelion on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.